Closer to people through forms of social economy
The “Closer to people, through forms of social economy” project was co-financed by the European Social Fund through the Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007-2013, Invest in people, Priority Axis 6 Promoting social inclusion, Major Field of Intervention 6.1 The development of social economy, implemented between 1 June 2010 and 13 May 2013.
The project aimed to improve and develop the organizational and operational framework, as well as the framework for the active promotion of efficient structures, specific to social economy, for people with disabilities, in order to facilitate their occupation and employment, as main vectors in the increase of the degree of social inclusion.
The project was implemented in partnership with the RENINCO Association in the Bucharest-Ilfov and South-Oltenia regions, in the counties of Dambovita, Ialomita, Ilfov, Calarasi, Prahova, Giurgiu, Arges, Teleorman;
A specific goal of the project was to provide support services to at least 100 people with disabilities in order for them to begin entrepreneurship activities, by focusing on the development of their skills and abilities and on the identification of concrete possibilities of starting their own business and/or finding employment.
Thus, 120 people with disabilities have been psychologically and vocationally assessed and have received counselling for starting their own business/assisted employment, each having his/her individual case file.
- 15 social economy structures were developed
- 151 people received professional guidance and counseling regarding social economy
- 87 participants attended trainings about Social Economy principles
- 118 people with disabilities took part to the project activities
- 15 people with disabilities were employed
- One study report developed over the sheltered workshop
- 1 dedicatedGuide for disabled persons regarding the first steps in starting a own business
- 1 network of authorized protected units established
- 1 Integrated Resource Center
- 1 NGO founded – “Access for All” which will sustain project activities after its completion
We consider the public-private partnerships an effective way to improve society, therefore we constantly promote the economic model of social economy and by our expertise we are able to assist any company that would like to benefit of EU funds. Depending on the type of project, we can offer our consultancy support or become your full partner. Contact us and we will offer you the best solutions!